How Soon Can I File My Taxes?

You can get started with filing your taxes as soon as you receive your W2 form and have your tax papers organized.  This can be done with online tax filing software such as TurboTax or H&R Block.

If you don't receive your W2 form by the first week in February, you should:

  • Contact your employer
  • Contact the IRS
  • File your return
  • File form 1040x

When can you file taxes?